Episode 27: The Changing Face of Wealth Management
Dan Seivert is the founder and CEO of ECHELON Partners, a leading investment bank and consulting firm in the wealth management and investment management industries. He is an experienced executive strategist and keynote speaker, and he has been quoted by key industry publications such as The Wall Street Journal, RIABiz, Investment News, Fortune, and Financial Advisor as a recognized industry expert. Dan specializes in mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, raising capital, valuation, corporate finance, and private equity among other areas.
What You Will Learn:
- Dan discusses ECHELON’s work serving three sub-industries in the financial services industry: investment managers, wealth managers, and wealth technology firms. He explains the services they offer including valuation, consulting, and equity-sharing.
- Dan talks about equity compensation and how he helps ECHELON’s clients determine how to set up an equity sharing program. He discusses the considerations firms should make to determine who to offer equity to and how to offer it.
- Dan shares his thoughts on the wealth technology space and why it is rapidly becoming a key part of the overall industry. He highlights some of the primary players in the wealth tech space.
- Dan addresses the trend of private equity and venture capital money entering the space and backing firms within the wealth management industry. He discusses the importance of deal discipline and adhering to your goals.
- Dan explains why current conditions favor buyers rather than the seller, and he explains why it is important to understand the pendulum swing between internal and external deals.
- Dan talks about Echelon’s RIA industry leading Deal and Dealmakers Summit.
- Dan shares his thoughts on the overvaluation of culture and the underappreciation of human capital in dealmaking, and he discusses the importance of authenticity when doing deals.
How to connect with Dan Seivert:
Connect with Corey
- Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
- Website: kupferlaw.com
- Phone: 646.751.8016
- Twitter: @coreykupfer
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/coreykupfer
- Facebook: facebook.com/coreykupfer