David Shriner-Cahn is the host of Smashing the Plateau, a massively successful podcast dedicated to guiding entrepreneurs to build consistent, stable, recurring revenue. Smashing the Plateau has been featured in Forbes Magazine’s “Three Podcasts to Power Up Your Ultra-Lean Business”, as well as Inc. Magazine’s “5 Entrepreneurs That Will Change the Way You Communicate”.
Over the course of more than 400 episodes of his podcast, David has shared critical strategies, wisdom and personal experiences to help business leaders smash their own plateaus and accelerate the growth of their organizations. In his consulting business, he advises his clients with that same impressive body of knowledge to help supercharge their growth potential.
On this episode of Fueling Deals, David and I talk about the unique challenges businesses face after the merger or acquisition is complete. Merging teams and differing cultures, losing talent and insider knowledge, and dealing with fears and instability are just some of the issues businesses face once the ink is dry on the deal. Listen and learn how to prepare for those challenges and ensure a smooth and productive transition.
What You Will Learn:
- David explains why running a small business allows you the agility and nimble decision-making that isn’t always possible at large, more cumbersome organizations.
- Learn why the biggest challenge stemming from mergers and acquisitions comes directly from the people involved, and learn David’s strategies for recognizing and mitigating the challenge of merging two groups with different cultures.
- Find out why it’s critical for the executives in the C-suite to take the time needed to get to know the ground-level employees and customers and truly understand their needs and expectations.
- David explains why fears not being addressed create tremendous challenges, and he explains how to be clear in your communication and tackle your teams’ fears before they become problems.
- David shares a story of a client concerned over losing the insider knowledge of the owners of the company the client acquired, as well as steps David took to avoid problems and ensure a smooth transition.
How to connect with David Shriner-Cahn:
Connect with Corey
- Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
- Website: kupferlaw.com
- Phone: 646.751.8016
- Twitter: @coreykupfer
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/coreykupfer
- Facebook: facebook.com/coreykupfer