Episode 38: Evolving With the RIA Industry
David has over twenty years of experience in M&A, management consulting and financial services. For his buy-side and sell-side clients, David serves as a champion and advocate as he shepherds them through their complex transactions. Mr. Selig has authored numerous whitepapers on the subjects of mergers & acquisitions, valuation, and succession planning. Mr. Selig is also a regularly featured speaker on mergers, acquisitions, and succession at conferences and industry events.
Prior to founding Advice Dynamics Partners, David worked for Pershing Advisor Solutions, a division of Bank of New York Mellon, where he provided consulting and asset custody solutions to registered investment advisors. Mr. Selig also worked for Deloitte Consulting in the 1990s and for technology startups in the early part of the 2000s.
David holds an MBA in Strategy and Management of Organizations from the Graduate School of Business at Columbia University and a BA from the University of California at Santa Barbara.
What You Will Learn:
- David Selig’s journey into the RIA industry and entrepreneurship
- Advice Dynamic Partners’ niche and how the company was founded
- The expansion of options for doing deals in the RIA industry
- The transformation of the buyer landscape in the RIA industry
- Internal and external succession: the benefits and drawbacks of each
- The different types of partnerships available and why they are more attractive now
- Different types of financing opportunities and how to identify what is best for your practice
How to connect with David Selig:
Connect with Corey
- Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
- Website: kupferlaw.com
- Phone: 646.751.8016
- Twitter: @coreykupfer
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/coreykupfer
- Facebook: facebook.com/coreykupfer