Episode 42: Strategic Deals in the Lower-Middle Market
Gary B Kane founded Chimera Strategies in 2011. Prior to founding Chimera Strategies, Gary gained valuable experience in various roles on both Wall Street and on Main Street including equity research, corporate development, business development, M&A advisory, consulting and corporate financial planning and analysis.
Gary has a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, a master’s degree in Finance and is a CFA or Chartered Financial Analyst. He is also a member of the Long Island Business News 40 individuals under the age of 40. LIBN considers award winners to be the rising stars in the Long Island business community.
When not spending time with his kids, he is at the gym doing Cardio/Strength classes, yoga and swimming. He is also learning to meditate.
Gary’s Mantra: “I would rather be lucky than smart, but I work very hard to be lucky.”
What You Will Learn:
- Gary Kane’s story and how he founded Chimera Strategies
- Chimera’s niche in the lower-middle market
- The difference between a business broker and an investment banker
- Types of deals done in the lower-middle market
- Strategic vs. financial buyers
- How terms are established with no lenders
- Current trends in the market
- Selling vs. earning when the market is good
How to connect with Gary Kane:
Connect with Corey
- Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
- Website: kupferlaw.com
- Phone: 646.751.8016
- Twitter: @coreykupfer
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/coreykupfer
- Facebook: facebook.com/coreykupfer