Episode 0: Welcome to Fueling Deals, with Corey Kupfer
My name is Corey Kupfer, and I’m the host of the brand new business podcast, Fueling Deals. I’d like to start by thanking you for joining me for this introduction to my show. I am an attorney, entrepreneur and deal-maker, who believes that deals can be a phenomenal way to grow and strengthen businesses of any size, in any market and in any industry.
Many business owners understand organic growth: through sales and marketing and providing great products and services. Inorganic growth, however, is surrounded by misconceptions and mystique. Many leaders believe that inorganic growth–completing deals–is limited to major corporate acquisitions, mergers and big financial transactions. The truth is there are many different types of deals and opportunities for every kind of business. My goal with this podcast is to show you how inorganic growth can help fuel YOUR business.
On this introductory episode of Fueling Deals, I share my plans for the show and the exciting topics we will be discussing. My guests are a huge variety of dealmakers and experts on all types of deals who have personal experience that can help you grow, get clear, learn best practices and avoid mistakes. We discuss everything from large complex mergers and acquisitions to smaller deals that you can do even without significant capital. Deals can be an explosive catalyst for fueling the growth of your business and this podcast will show you how.
What You Will Learn:
- I highlight in broad strokes the topics we will be discussing on the podcast, as well as the subject matter experts I plan to invite as guests.
- The myths surrounding deals don’t tell the whole story. I discuss why smaller deals can be an equally viable way to promote and grow your business.
- I explain why you should consider doing deals, no matter whether the organic growth of your business is stalled or lagging, or whether it is booming.
- I discuss my plans for “solocast” episodes, or episodes without guests, where I will be taking you on a deep dive through the different types and aspects of deals.
- Lastly, I invite you to reach out to me with suggestions for topics or guests you would like to see highlighted on the show.
Organic vs. Inorganic Growth
Organic growth, the tried and true method of growing your business, is great. However, it can be slow, resource-intensive and inconsistent. The biggest ingredient in the recipe for organic growth is time, and time is a precious commodity in the business world.
That’s the powerful advantage inorganic growth offers. Deals can allow you to accelerate your growth, open new avenues for opportunities, get you into new markets, expand your client base, strengthen your teams, improve your marketing, add to your revenue, and benefit your organization in so many other ways. Deals aren’t just the domain of major corporations, they can come in all shapes and sizes and can benefit any business leader looking to rapidly grow their business.
Before, During and After
On Fueling Deals we will discuss the steps you should take in anticipation of a potential deal, during the negotiation and closing process and after the deal is complete. We will also discuss finding, identifying and structuring deals, doing due diligence and investigation, identifying cultural issues and opportunities with your deal partner and more.
Once the deal has closed, the work isn’t over. We will discuss many other aspects of the deal including what happens after you sign, how to integrate new staff into your team, how to transition your company to make the most of the deal. The goal of Fueling Deals is to help you through all steps of the deal-making process, from start to finish.
There is only one difference between companies that grow inorganically and those that don’t. It is unrelated to size, amount of capital, or any other factor, other than the owners and executives of companies that do deals make a decision to do deals. And then they take action.
Connect with Corey
- Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
- Website: kupferlaw.com
- Phone: 646.751.8016
- Twitter: @coreykupfer
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/coreykupfer
- Facebook: facebook.com/coreykupfer