Episode 34: The Seven Figure Club, with Julia Pimsleur
Julia Pimsleur is Founder & Chief Empowerista at the social venture she founded, Million Dollar Women (MDW).
MDW has four main programs – an online business school, Mingle & Mentor events in NYC, an annual Million Dollar Women Summit for women entrepreneurs and scholarships for women of color entrepreneurs, who face even greater obstacles in scaling up.
Prior to Million Dollar Women, Pimsleur was the Founder/CEO of Little Pim, the leading language teaching system for young children.
During her nine years as CEO, Pimsleur raised angel and venture capital and discovered that fewer than 3% of all women entrepreneurs reach $1M and less than 4% of venture capital is invested in female founders. To help change those stats, she taught women how to fundraise and wrote her best-seller, “Million Dollar Women: The Essential Guide for Female Founders Who Want to Go Big” (Simon & Schuster).
The Million Dollar Women book was read by over 10,000 women and motivated Pimsleur to leave Little Pim, get trained as an NLP master practitioner coach, and create the Million Dollar Women Masterclass. Pimsleur still serves on the board of Little Pim.
Since it launched, MDW Masterclass has graduated over 200 women. Many have reached $1M in revenues and now mentor in the Million Dollar Women community. Pimsleur also created the Sales CURE to teach entrepreneurs how to become “killer closers.”
Pimsleur has been featured on Today, NBC Weekend Today, Forbes, CNBC, Business Week, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. Awards include Smart CEO Brava! Award for women entrepreneurs and the Axiom Business Book Award.
Pimsleur speaks frequently on entrepreneurship, women in business, mindset mastery, fundraising. See juliapimsleur.com -> Speaking. She lives in New York City with her two boys.
What You Will Learn:
- Julia Pimsleur’s journey into entrepreneurship
- How Pimsleur created a multi-million dollar company with no prior experience
- Million Dollar Women, why it was started, and what they do
- Factors that contribute to scaling your business
- The program structures and goals
- Characteristics that Pimsleur uses to define dealmakers
- The importance of building a powerful network
- Lessons Pimsleur learned from some of her early challenges as an entrepreneur
How to connect with Julia Pimsleur:
- Website: https://www.juliapimsleur.com/
- Million Dollar Women the book: https://juliapimsleur.com/book/
- Million Dollar Women Masterclass (online business program): https://mdwmasterclass.com
- Million Dollar Women the organization: https://millionwomen.us
- Sales Cure: https://sales-cure.com
- Speaking engagements: https://juliapimsleur.com/speaking/
- Twitter: @juliapimsleur
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/juliapimsleur
Connect with Corey
- Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
- Website: kupferlaw.com
- Phone: 646.751.8016
- Twitter: @coreykupfer
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/coreykupfer
- Facebook: facebook.com/coreykupfer