Episode 9: Deals in the Age of Information, with Phil Buchanan
Phil Buchanan is the Executive Chairman of the Board for Cannon Financial Institute, and one of the most highly regarded wealth management experts in the field today. He is a keynote speaker, trainer, consultant and business coach. With Cannon Financial Institute, Phil and his team teach business leaders, wealth managers and others the skills they need to thrive in their roles and accelerate the growth of their organizations.
What You Will Learn:
- Phil shares how he got involved in the business world as an early teen. His first deal was bartering working on a farm for cattle that he was able to sell, and he considers it to be one of the best deals he ever made.
- Phil explains why adding assets or revenue shouldn’t be the only consideration when evaluating a deal. Client impact and culture compatibility are more important than the impact of the deal on your bottom line, in most cases.
- Phil shares case studies of deals he has observed firsthand, in particular, deals focused only on the money that resulted in major difficulties for one or both parties.
- Learn how misaligned cultures between deal partners can result in major pitfalls including morale issues and other problems that could be avoided with due diligence.
- Learn why it’s often worthwhile to pay a premium for a higher-profile and more experienced practice, due to the return on investment you will get from the deal.
Connect with Corey
- Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
- Website: kupferlaw.com
- Phone: 646.751.8016
- Twitter: @coreykupfer
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/coreykupfer
- Facebook: facebook.com/coreykupfer