Episode 6: 2018 Deals In Review, with Corey Kupfer
My name is Corey Kupfer and I’ve been working in the business of negotiations for more than 30 years, both as a successful entrepreneur and as an attorney. My goal is to help you strategize, plan for, find, and complete deals that will help your company grow rapidly. This is called “inorganic growth”, and it differs from the traditional, often slower, organic growth you’re probably familiar with.
What You Will Learn:
- Learn why Gannett elected to acquire search marketing software maker WordStream for $150 million, and what benefits Gannett expects to receive from the deal. I also review IBM’s 2018 acquisition of Red Hat for $33 billion, in an effort to expand and grow their open source capacity and cloud dominance.
- I examine Oracle’s acquisition of DataFox for an undisclosed value, with the intention of increasing their capacity for Artificial Intelligence to analyze business data. I also look at Twilio’s $2 billion acquisition of SendGrid to expand their cloud platform as an all-in platform for business growth.
- Learn about Adobe’s $4.75 billion acquisition of Marketo, to improve the function of their cloud-based solutions suite; as well as Cisco’s $2.35 billion acquisition of two-factor authentication specialists Duo Security.
- I discuss AT&T’s purchase of AlienVault with undisclosed financial terms, with an effort to boost their own internal systems security, as well as Siemens’ $700 million acquisition of low-code platform maker Mendix.
- Learn why DocuSign acquired SpringCM for $220 million as an effort to modernize its processes, and hear about the Salesforce acquisition of Israeli cloud and AI marketing platform Datorama at an undisclosed purchase price.
- I discuss the potential motivations behind the above-listed acquisitions, as well as key tech sector partnerships of 2018 and why they stand out. For example, learn why Walmart and Microsoft are partnering for the purpose of being more competitive in e-commerce, and why Apple and Google are partnering despite their ongoing competitive interests.
- Website: www.fuelingdeals.com
Connect with Corey
- Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
- Website: kupferlaw.com
- Phone: 646.751.8016
- Twitter: @coreykupfer
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/coreykupfer
- Facebook: facebook.com/coreykupfer