Episode 15: Finding the Right Deal for Your Needs, with Corey Kupfer
My name is Corey Kupfer and I’ve been doing deals and negotiating professionally for more than 30 years, both as a successful entrepreneur and as an attorney. My goal is to help you strategize, plan for, find, and complete deals that will help your company grow faster. This is called “inorganic growth”, and it differs from the traditional slower, organic growth you’re probably familiar with. In this episode, we will be reviewing some of the deals I myself have been involved in, and the prevailing themes of patience, pacing, asking questions, dealing with blanket statements, and maintaining relationships.
What You Will Learn:
- I explain how investment bankers and business brokers operate and how they can help you locate deals. I also share other options for finding deals that don’t involve these professionals, including networking and speaking with professionals in your life.
- Learn why being serious and committed to finding a deal involves having a plan and dedicating resources to your effort. You must have clear objectives and goals before you start looking for a deal.
- I share the various reasons you might want to do a deal, including scaling your business, acqui-hiring a team, creating new business opportunities, exiting your business, and many more.
- Find out how to create a strong “vision” for your deal to help you clarify your intent. By understanding your goals, it helps you to find the right deal that accomplishes your objectives.
- I explain why it is important to study your industry and understand typical costs, fees, and structures of similar deals in your area and within your line of business. It also helps to look to other companies who have done the kinds of deals you want to do and see how it worked out for them.
- Website: www.fuelingdeals.com
Connect with Corey
- Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
- Website: kupferlaw.com
- Phone: 646.751.8016
- Twitter: @coreykupfer
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/coreykupfer
- Facebook: facebook.com/coreykupfer