Episode 18: The Importance of Character, with Corey Kupfer
My name is Corey Kupfer and I’ve doing deals and negotiating professionally for more than 30 years, both as a successful entrepreneur and as an attorney. My goal is to help you strategize, plan for, find, and complete deals that will help your company grow faster. This is called “inorganic growth”, and it differs from the traditional slower, organic growth you’re probably familiar with. In this solo episode of Fueling Deals, I’ll be discussing the importance of maintaining alignment with your character and values, not only within the scope of doing deals but in all aspects of your business and life.
What You Will Learn:
- I discuss the recent celebrity college admission scandal and the conversation it has sparked revolving around character, morals, and ethics. I talk about a recent tennis match where a player challenged a call against his own interests.
- I share a story of my father-in-law and finding his old report cards from the 1940s. I discuss my surprise and curiosity at finding that the report card contained grades related to character and values.
- I relate a story of going into a business partner with someone whose public persona and reputation checked out, and ignoring early warning signs because the deal was profitable… only to find out over time that things weren’t as they seemed.
- I explain why ethical failings are often the result of people taking the easy path or taking shortcuts to avoid having to make the tough choice. I discuss the importance of people standing up for values and character.
- I explain why staying aligned with your values and character are often rewarding and generate goodwill and a level of respect and trust that can be invaluable in your business dealings.
How to connect with Corey Kupfer:
- Website: www.fuelingdeals.com
Connect with Corey
- Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
- Website: kupferlaw.com
- Phone: 646.751.8016
- Twitter: @coreykupfer
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/coreykupfer
- Facebook: facebook.com/coreykupfer