Episode 24: Opportunities for Deals During a Recession, with Corey Kupfer
My name is Corey Kupfer and I’ve been doing deals and negotiating professionally for more than 30 years, both as a successful entrepreneur and as an attorney. My goal is to help you strategize, plan for, find, and complete deals that will help your company grow faster. This is called “inorganic growth”, and it differs from the traditional slower, organic growth you’re probably familiar with. In this solo episode of Fueling Deals, I share strategies for preparing for a recession whenever it may come and huge opportunity of doing deals during down times.
What You Will Learn:
- I talk about some of the many statistics being circulated which may foretell an approaching recession, and I discuss how the economy tends to go in cycles of growth and recession naturally over time.
- I share why recessions can create new opportunities for growing wealth, due to reduced competition and through doing great deals. I talk about how economic downturns create new opportunities for deals like mergers and acquisitions.
- I talk about what happens when a bull market turns into a bear market, and I share why many businesses begin to run into trouble at this time and become available for purchase at a discount.
- I discuss the types of business leaders who enter a recession positioned to take advantage of opportunities to buy businesses and purchase real estate at a steep discount during the weak economy.
- I talk about the steps business leaders need to take to prepare for a downturn, starting with preparing their businesses to survive. I talk about why one way to prepare is to raise capital to use later.
- I discuss how there are opportunities for investment and doing deals whether the economy is up or down, and I discuss an upcoming podcast episode sharing the story of an investor who did well investing in the city of Detroit during its worst economic times.
- I offer examples of the types of deals that investors and business owners have been able to make in previous souring economies that benefited them in many different ways such as acquiring new talent.
How to connect with Corey Kupfer:
- Website: www.fuelingdeals.com
Connect with Corey
- Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
- Website: kupferlaw.com
- Phone: 646.751.8016
- Twitter: @coreykupfer
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/coreykupfer
- Facebook: facebook.com/coreykupfer