Episode 58: From Surviving to Being Alive, with Sophie McLean
A French citizen born in Algeria, educated in Morocco and France, with a professional career in the USA and UK, Sophie McLean has had an eventful life. She’s been a helicopter pilot, a teacher, a designer, a relief worker, a war refugee, and a CEO. She’s been shot at, shipwrecked, and widowed. She’s lived on a farm, a boat, a penthouse, and an ashram. As a wisdom teacher, Sophie has spent decades leading transformational seminars to over 80,000 people around the world, of all ethnicities, ages, religions, and social backgrounds all engaged with the universal existential questions of Who and what am I? and What is my life about?
Now after seven years in France, Sophie McLean is in New York to begin Act III of her life speaking, consulting, writing and teaching courses and online seminars within the framework of Access to Awareness. Her seminar topics span both human and metaphysical dimensions, deconstructing the automatic ego, consciousness, freedom, love, stress, anxiety, fear, relationships, health, sex, money, ownership, spirituality, creation and evolution, the feminine and the masculine, being responsible, and making a difference in the world, and being effective at it.
Of her transformational teaching style, Sophie says I engage people in a rigorous review of their life and a systematic questioning of their conclusions on the basis that without examining our network of ideas, beliefs, social and cultural judgments, and our assumptions about the world, those are transformed into constraints. My interest is in the nature of what it means to be human.
Sophie’s new book The Elegance of Simplicity is a compelling, thought-provoking work of autobiographical fiction, one that communicates life-altering concepts proposing an effortless pathway to awareness. Its a deeply honest and dramatic story of self-discovery, about what is possible when you take responsibility, own your power, and become one with life.
Sophie McLean epitomizes elegance. She also epitomizes worldly experience, grit, courage, and insight leading to elevation of our level of consciousness and transformation.
What You Will Learn:
- Sophie’s journey into speaking and teaching
- Sophie’s Access too Awareness seminar and what it is intended to achieve
- How to move from a state of survival to a state of being alive
- How Sophie is working to build a new culture for humankind
- Why building awareness of your relationship to money will make you a better negotiator
- How Sophie has used her own principles of awareness in deals
How to connect with Sophie McLean:
- Website: https://www.sophiemclean.com/
- Sophie’s Course: https://www.sophiemclean.com/nest-one-year-course
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/smc.mclean/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sophiemcmclean/
Connect with Corey
- Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
- Website: kupferlaw.com
- Phone: 646.751.8016
- Twitter: @coreykupfer
- Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/coreykupfer
- Facebook: facebook.com/coreykupfer